Thursday, January 05, 2012

Change

Welcome to another Theme Thursday.

"We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing."
- R. D. Laing


...We rounded the corner of the York Minster cathedral to find children lining up thousands of coins on the ancient cobblestone street for some charity or other. Is it my imagination that I seem to recall their punning slogan being "It's Time for a Change"?

York, 2009

And for an added visual pun, here's the original shot I "changed" to monochrome for this post.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wow...that is so cool...bet it made quite the statement as well...great capture...

Anonymous said...

Great shot!! I like them both ... I am always torn between color and black/white!! Each has its own attributes of beauty!! Thank you for sharing!

Barbara/myth maker said...

Cool shots. I live the b/w one very much, but then seeing the colored one I like it even more. The different shades of copper nd silver is lovely.

Kris McCracken said...

I like it. I bet it didn't stay there long!

Mrsupole said...

Such a wonderful thing for the kids to save all their change for a charity. And to do all the work of lining them up makes it even more special.

Great capture with the picture, I too like the color one better and the contrast of the coins shows so much clearer.

Thanks for playing again in this weeks Theme Thursday.

God bless.

Ferry from Athens

 We took the ferry from Athens to Naxos. Stopped briefly at a few other islands to load and offload passengers. Scylla and Charybdis (just k...