Thursday, January 13, 2011

Salterrare

In a bit of a turnabout I am moving my Theme Thursday posts to this blog as much as possible.

This week theme is "jump" -- salterrare being the infinitive in Italian. Rather a tough photographic topic, I find, but here's a scene from Umbertide, Umbria, with Nick and Piper leapfrogging over the creek (stormdrain?) that runs through the town. It was a chill winter day and Umbertide was not as spectacular as our recent visits to nearby Assisi or Perugia. On the other hand they didn't have creeks to jump.

Anyway I'm thinking that (although I typically refrain from too much 'shopping) this occasion is a good excuse for a multiple exposure.



There's also some pretty interesting grafitti which you can see better by clicking.

No comments:

Ferry from Athens

 We took the ferry from Athens to Naxos. Stopped briefly at a few other islands to load and offload passengers. Scylla and Charybdis (just k...